Slackware current 14.2+, Plasma 5 в testing/

SLAX, Deep Style, ZenWalk

Модератор: Модераторы разделов

Ответить
bormant

Slackware current 14.2+, Plasma 5 в testing/

Сообщение bormant »

Итак, очередной необходимый и долгожданный шаг к выпуску сделан, Патрик наконец-то включил Plasma 5 в разрабатываемую версию Slackware, пока в testing/
На это мы все как один ответим дружно ... Ударным тестированием, конечно ;)
Присоединяйтесь, кто ещё не.
Tue Nov 3 22:32:22 UTC 2020
Welcome to vtown, volkerdi's friendly takeover of alienBOB's ktown Plasma 5 packages!

Enormous thanks are due to alienBOB for maintaining and leading testing of Plasma 5 on the side, even as I wore out his patience (and likely others as well). But now this has made it into /testing and it won't be all that long before it'll hit the main tree, so test it out and let me know if anything broke.

Several packages have been given back their upstream names since there's no real reason to do otherwise unless we were going to support installing KDE4 at the same time, and we aren't. Qt4 won't even be sticking
around, but probably slackbuilds.org will take it up.

I dropped
kaudiocreator (won't build),
ktuberling and klettres (rather bloated for the probably limited appeal),
user-manager (seems to have been dropped by upstream),
kdelibs (KDE4 library, not going to support that),
kwebkitpart, and kpat (not adding three new dependencies only used for a solitaire game).
In addition, it's probable that digikam and its dependencies will be dropped. It's a great program, but
in my opinion it's just a little too big (especially the source) to ship by default.

To install the vtown packages, first you'll want to remove any KDE4 packages (the KDE and KDEI series in the main tree), any previous ktown packages from alienBOB, and then install all of the packages in vtown/deps and vtown/KDE using upgradepkg --install-new.
The previous advice on ConsoleKit2 was to remove it since we've switched to elogind, but if you've got the latest rc.M it shouldn't matter since ConsoleKit2 will not be started if elogind is installed.
Speaking of elogind, you'll probably notice that once elogind is installed X or Wayland sessions will launch in the current console rather than on console 7.

Regarding the build numbers, the one before _vtown_ is the build number that will be used when the merge to the main tree happens, and the one after _vtown_ is used in case any rebuilds need to happen while vtown is in /testing.

That's about it for the notes on this one.
Thanks again to alienBOB, and to my friends in the US - don't forget to vote. :-)
Спасибо сказали:
UnixNoob
ОС: Slackware

Re: Slackware current 14.2+, Plasma 5 в testing/

Сообщение UnixNoob »

А в чем отличие от того,что в его сборках на LiveDVD?
И я так понимаю мне надо удалить все из ktown и установить vtown, а как помогать? писать отчеты при крашах?
На данном этапе вряд ли от меня будет польза, но хотя бы понимать как это делается, помощь в такого рода тестировании,может в дальнейшем смогу как-то помочь в развитии Slackware.
"Однажды один очень мудрый человек… ничего не сказал. Времена были опасные, да и собеседники ненадёжные"
Спасибо сказали:
Ответить